These guidelines help minimize the impact of your visit on the natural environment and also on other visitor. help to keep the park unspoiled for future visitor.
Remove rubbish :
litters is unattractive, harmful to wildlife, and can increase. plan your trip to minimize rubbish by not taking bottles and cans, Rinjani has a "pack it in - pack in out" policy, so be sure to carry out of the pack whatever you carry in.
Keep to the track :
by keeping to the trail, you avoid trampling undergrowth and risking getting lost in the forest.
Camp with care :
when camping, camping, leave no trace of your visit.
Keep streams and lake clean:
wash well away from the water source by talking water in a container. soap and detergent are harmful to the creatures that live in the streams a like, drain used water into the ground.
Bury toilet waste:
in areas without toilet facilities, bury your toilet waste in a shallow hole well away from waterways, tracts, campsites and shelter. Take care with fires. portable fuel stoves are less harmful to the environment and are more efficient than fires, if you must use a fire, keep it small and make sure that fire is out before leaving by dousing it with water and checking the ashes.
Respect culture and natural heritage: Help protect the spiritual and historical significance of Mt, Rinjani by respecting our local culture. Conserve wildlife and plants of the national park by not removing anything.
Consider other visitor:
walk quietly trough the forest so that you do not disturb the wildlife that you and ather have come to see.
Enjoy your visit:
enjoy your visit and before leaving the area take one last look - will the next visitor know that you have been here.
1. Check your local guide license, make sure that he has a valid Indonesia Guide License. Never go without a local experienced guide.
2. Ceck the equipment a tents, sleeping bags, mattress, Due to uncertain weather, make sure that your tent is non-liking or waterproof. most local trek organizer use very common "basic and old tents" Pay a litle more extra for a better handling and comfort equipped with the most advanced equipment.
3. Rinjani have several shelter in each stop point ( commonly known as pos). some of them equipped with toilet, but not well-maintained, dirty. a toilet tent can be useful when camping in open air.
4.Help keep the environment clean and nature, Rinjani trek is more than simply visit the area, some trek trails are very steep and dangerous, but the views and panorama is worth to be explored.
5. When you book an organizer trekking package, check with your agent in details, what's includes and what's not excluded in the package, Quality of the service and facilities provide are important because the facilities in Rinjani National park is not the same as facilities you can find in well developed countries.
6. Make sure you have enough drinking water and logistics. be sure to stay fit before, during and after the trek